Basic Salary: $1,066,362.00 - $1,320,593.00 per annum (plus any applicable allowances)
To provide comprehensive Human Resource and employee relations advisory service as may be required to team members, in order to assist in the achievement of the Agency’s goals and objectives, and continual improvement in the quality of its management processes and services provided to customers, both internally and externally.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Assists the Manager, Human Resource Management in conducting and documenting background checks of successful applicants;
- Investigates queries by the Office of the Services Commissions and provides
- Assists with conducting orientation programmes for new employees to ensure that they are aware of the policies, procedures and regulations of the Agency and the GOJ;
- Assists in conducting and analyzing exit interviews for employees who are
separating from the Agency and ensures that all separation matters are satisfactorily settled;
- Participates in meetings, seminars, workshops and conferences as required;
- Develops Individual work plan based on alignment with the Branch’s Operational Plan
Technical/ Professional Responsibilities
- Prepares schedule of short listed applicants and advises applicant of date, time and
venue for interview
- Prepares and monitors Monthly Attendance Reports;
- Creates and maintains authentic, timely and reliable records in relation to the processing of motor vehicles.
- Verifies the authenticity of Birth Certificates, Academic qualifications and other critical documents submitted for recruitment.
- Assists in providing counseling for retirees;
- Assists in the preparation of citations for Long Service Awards;
- Arrange medical examination for members of staff to facilitate appointment to the Public Service;
- Documents and tracks all records removed from the system in support of their utilization;
- Destroys and/or transfers records only in accordance with relevant retention schedules and records management procedures;
- Liaises with records management staff in the design of current filing systems, development of vital records programmes and retention;
- Maintains staff lists and documents all separations and employment to the Agency.
- Maintains Human Resource Information System (HRIS) records and produces reports from database as required;
- Maintains compliance with rules and regulations concerning employment.
Human Resource Responsibilities
- Prepares and conducts presentations on his/her portfolio for the Orientation programme.
- Contributes to a system that fosters a culture of teamwork, employee empowerment and commitment to the organization’s goals.
- Any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Good knowledge of principles and practices of human resource administration
- Good knowledge of Staff Orders, Public Service Regulations, Labour Laws and other legislation governing human resource management
- Knowledge of the operations of Government
- Knowledge of the Agency’s policies and procedures
- Strong customer relations skills
- Good problem solving and conflict management skills
- Good interpersonal skills and people management skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the practices and principles of records management
- Counseling skills
Minimum Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource/Public Administration/Public Sector Management or related discipline
- Two (2) years related experience
- Associate Degree/Diploma in Human Resource or Public Administration/Public Sector Management
- Four (4) years related experience
- Any equivalent combination of qualification and experience
Applications along with résumés should be submitted no later than Friday, November 24, 2017 to:
Director, Human Resource Management & Development,
173 Constant Spring Road, Kingston 8
We thank all persons who express an interest; however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.