Basic Salary: $1,446,021.00 - $1,795,166.00 (plus applicable allowances)
Under the supervision of the Manager, Forest Planning and Monitoring, the incumbent leads the planning and drafting activities designed to support the development and monitoring of Local Forest Management Plans.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AREAS
- Provides input into the branch’s operational plan
- Provides monthly progress reports or other related reports as needed
- Assist in the implementation of the Branch plan and ensures activities are within time and budget limitations.
- Drafts local forest Management Plans
- Assist in the development of results framework, M&E plans and monitoring tools for Local Forest Management Plans
- Contributes to the development of sustainable development plans
- Monitors the achievement of objectives and targets in the LFMPs and reports periodically on performance
- Participates in the P&M branch's planning of its annual outputs and performance measures (initiatives, targets, indicators and budget)
- Updates as necessary Local Forest Management Plan’s Monitoring and Evaluation plan and the Results Framework, in consultation with relevant stakeholders
Results Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Ensures that baselines are established for all indicators and clear metrics for the measuring of progress are developed;
- Collecting, compiling and analyzing reports submitted to the Branch and preparing consolidated progress and monitoring reports as per M&E plan in accordance with approved reporting formats;
- Reviewing Monitoring reports to assess interim impacts and identify causes of potential challenges in implementation;
- Ensures Monitoring & Evaluation tools and processes are understood and used effectively;
- Maintains a Monitoring & Evaluation database and ensures details are current;
- Provides relevant information for and drafts the P&M branch's monthly reports
- Performs other related duties that may from time to time be assigned
- Ability to conduct independent research and documentary review to generate information pertinent to plan
- Ability to build and sustain partnerships with relevant stakeholders
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Ability to interpret spreadsheets and statistical data;
- Experience in evaluation, monitoring and result based management
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A First Degree in Forestry or Natural Resource Management, Agriculture, Social Sciences or equivalent professional experience.
- At least two (2) years of Monitoring & Evaluation related experience. Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methodologies (i.e. both quantitative and qualitative data collection, processing and analysis)
- Exposure to Training in planning, performance monitoring and evaluation and/or performance management; or any related areas.
Applications along with résumés should be submitted no later than Friday, November 24, 2017 to:
Director, Human Resource Management & Development,
173 Constant Spring Road, Kingston 8
We thank all persons who express an interest; however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.