Basic Salary: $1,066,032.00 - $1,320,593.00 p.a.
Under the supervision of the Manager, Business Systems/Applications, the incumbent is responsible for designing and developing systems related to IT enterprise applications; writing and testing of programmes and operating instructions (documentation) for all software development.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AREAS
Management/ Professional Responsibilities
- Provides support for disaster recovery planning and implementation processes
- Participate in the selection and assessment of software packages
- Provides support for backup recovery and reorganization of databases
- Work with vendors in implementing and maintaining information systems as well as database infrastructure.
- Maintains a consistent, high quality, customer-focused approach when conducting business and providing services or products to clients, the general public and other external customers.
- Ensure that all database systems meet business and performance requirements.
Technical/ Professional Responsibilities
- Provides assistance and expertise in developing, implementing, programming, and troubleshooting information systems.
- Addressing complaints and resolving complex problems including user support regarding application/information systems.
- Maintains and updates established application systems in light of changes in legislation regulations and other basis requirements
- Develops processing and data requirements in the degree of detail necessary to subsequent programming.
- Develops concise data gathering techniques to facilitate data analysis.
- Ensures that all information systems and systems operations are properly documented and manuals kept up to date
- Keeping abreast of developments in software development industry
- Gathering reporting specifications, and analyzing current workflows for improvement.
- Any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Advance knowledge in MS SQL Server database Stored Procedures/Triggers and database development
- Experience in structured relational Database Design and ERD, as well as in Application Server (IIS or other) Security to integrate an existing Java Servlets application with Application Server
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal relationship building skills
- Knowledge of current technological trends
- Good analytical skills
- Sound personal and professional integrity
- Strong customer orientation skills
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- First Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), and SQL Profiler
- Experience with Transact-SQL and Microsoft SQL Server is required
- At least two (2) years hands on experience in system and application development in a Microsoft networked environment.
Applications along with résumés should be submitted no later than Friday, November 24, 2017 to:
Director, Human Resource Management & Development,
173 Constant Spring Road, Kingston 8
We thank all persons who express an interest; however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.