Salary Range: $1,446,021 - $1,795,166 p.a, plus applicable allowances
Under the general direction of the Director, Finance & Accounts, the Supervisor, Final Accounts & Reporting is responsible for the preparation of the Accounts of the Agency, and for the timely submission of accurate and complete monthly and annual financial statements within generally accepted accounting practices and established organizational guidelines.
- Reviews and recommends changes in procedures to improve effectiveness and efficiency of the systems and procedures in the Branch
- Plans, schedules, reviews and approves the work of employees supervised
- Attends meetings on behalf of the Finance & Accounts Branch and/or the Agency as directed
- Keeps abreast of trends and changes in the accounting and finance areas and recommends their adoption/application where appropriate to increase the effectiveness and productivity of the Unit
- Manages activities within established regulations
- Prepares and submits reports as requested
- Provides leadership to subordinates through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Establishes targets and sets assignments in consultation with Director, Finance & Accounts
- Supervises the performance and development of employees in the Unit through the preparation of performance appraisals and recommendation of training and development programmes
- Recommends staff leave
- Recommends disciplinary action within established guidelines
- Manages the process for accurate capture of transactions for final accounts
- Reviews system adequacy for the interface of manual and sub-systems transaction with computerized systems
- Verifies and approves journal entries
- Assesses activity changes in chart of accounts
- Monitors and reconciles changes in Fixed Assets Value and depreciation charges
- Monitors and reconciles changes in equity
- Reconciles differences in trial balance
- Generates Agency’s Financial Statements for review by the Director, Finance & Accounts
- Generates analyses reports by cost centres for review by the Director, Finance & Accounts
- Verifies and approved reconciliation statements for the Agency’s bank accounts
- Assesses and monitor adequacy of internal control systems to effectively maintain financial transactions and reduce information risk
- Compiles audit schedules to support the assertions of the Financial Statements
- Provides information to internal and external auditors as requested
- Participates in team efforts to achieve Unit, Branch and Agency goals
- Performs other related duties that may from time to time be assigned
- Sound knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices including the FAA Act
- Working knowledge of relevant computer applications.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- First Degree in Accounting OR Finance
- Diploma in Management Studies
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in related area
- ACCA Level Two
- Certificate in Supervisory Management
Applications along with résumés should be submitted no later than Friday, September 22, 2017 to:
Director, Human Resource Management & Development,
173 Constant Spring Road, Kingston 8
We thank all persons who express an interest, however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.